About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lila, the observer from mars.

This scene takes place in modern-day Philadelphia. Mother and 5 year old daughter are in the Wine and Spirits store picking up a bottle of Cabernet savignon to go with their Italian red sauce.

A worker near-bye has an entire cart filled with wine bottles. She is wheeling the bottles from aisle to aisle and arranging them beautifully.

The daughter only notices the cart, not the arranging. She has JUST learned that "human" is another word for "person."

With some inherent alarm the daughter notices this worker and explains,

"MAMA!!! THAT HUMAN IS BUYING TOO MUCH ALCOHOL. THAT HUMAN SHOULDN'T DRINK SO MUCH ALCOHOL!!!!!!"

It's as if she were a space alien, observing earthlings from her skeptical and judgemental 5 year old body.



No comments:

Post a Comment