About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Big Green Earth Job- First Week in a Wrapper

I finished my first week as a work-outside-the-home mama.

I have to say, I feel great. I worked by myself all day and the hours raced past me. By the end of my afternoon I felt pretty good. There were a few things that I felt uncertain about and got a lot of experience in today. We have a refill center for Sun and Earth cleaning products. People can bring any bottles and we'll fill them for a lesser charge with whatever product that they want. I was pretty shaky about how to ring the refills in when they were weird sizes. I got tons of refills and lots of experience with it today! Also, I just felt more comfortable talking to people about the shop and the different products that we carry. All of our artists are local and most of the companies that we use are small and family owned. For this reason it's important to know about the companies, not just the products. You want to be able to tell people where the companies are and a few things about them.

My favorite products that we sell are by a company out of Queens, New York called First World Trash. They take old billboards and reclaimed seat belts from the junkyard and turn them into beautiful accessories.

Also, I got my store keys today and I'll be opening the shop from now on! Exciting, exciting! I'd feel a little bit better about it if I hadn't set the alarm off this morning when I was trying to turn it off. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment