About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Good News

I called the Philadelphia Bar Association today.

They have a service where they put you on the telephone with a lawyer who listens to what you have to say and makes a referral if they feel you've got a case.

I told the lawyer everything that's happened to us and she said that she definitely thinks that we have a case. She gave me a referral and said that if she were in private practice she'd love a case like this. I gave the lawyer who she referred me to a call and am waiting to hear back from him.

I have called other advocacy groups and renters rights groups to find out my rights. They must be swamped because mailboxes always seem to be full and I never get calls back. Granted, I'm not leaving detailed messages and maybe I should be. I might be falling through the cracks. I just hate prattling on people's voice mails.

I've decided to hop, skip and jump over to a lawyer.

I'm going to make an inventory of our losses today.

But first, I clean.

2 comments:

  1. good for you.

    i did the same thing for work stuff with the same outcome but don't know if i'll follow through. erg.

    ReplyDelete