About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Monday, November 15, 2010

I don't have time for this

I'm sick.

Just a little bit sick.

But, still.

My throat is killing and I went to bed last night at 7:30.

I was so pleased because yesterday morning I was supposed to go into work to learn how to process receiving vouchers. I was only supposed to stay for two hours but was able to stay for five hours. This means that it's as if I never missed Veteran's Day!

Also, I made my first Santa 2010 purchase of the season. I got my first paycheck and picked this up for B and L. It's one of two "big gifts." The other being the Barbie Dream House. These will be the presents that Elf Jay and Elf Christian stay up into the wee hours assembling. I'll never forget the Christmas when Bunny was 1 and a half. She barely understood the concept of Christmas. I think that she just regarded the whole thing as a fun story that we kept telling her. On Christmas morning she peaked down stairs at the Christmas tree and let out a little toddler sized gasp. Her tiny footsteps quickened and she yelled, "It HAPPENED!!!!!!"

But, anyway... I can't be sick because I can not miss work. Every penny that I do not earn is another gift that I am not able to buy for my children. And though I realize that Christmas is about lots of thing, not just gifts... I will be damned if my children have to feel our financial strain on Christmas morning. OVER. MY. DEAD. BODY.

So, this morning I've already showered and instead of coming home to do my morning stuff, after dropping the girls off at school, I'm going to get a flu shot (something that I haven't done before and am only doing now because Jay almost died when he got the flu last year). I'm also picking up Dayquill and Nightquill and I'm taking some right away. Tonight I'm going to bed at 7:30 again.

Please let me feel better soon. I need a healthy year.


No comments:

Post a Comment