About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Solar Queen

Bunny lost a tooth yesterday and all she wanted from the ToothFairy was a solar queen.

She's been admiring the solar queen in the Big Green Earth Store for awhile but I haven't gotten it for her because it seemed like the kind of thing that she wouldn't actually want once she had it. I'm actually not sure why anyone likes these. You'd be shocked (or maybe you wouldn't) by the crowds of people who gather around the solar queen, giggling as she waves. We sell so many of them!!!!

This morning, when Bunny fished under her pillow and pulled out her very own, blue solar queen, I was surprised by her delight.

I was also surprised that she accused the ToothFairy of shoplifting when I said that I hadn't seen her buy it.



4 comments:

  1. When you think about it, the tooth fairy is a rather suspicious individual. Strongly suspect that there's a black market for the buying and selling of children's teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is HILARIOUS about the shoplifting!

    Owen, my sister's oldest, just lost his first tooth ever. He wanted to know all about the Tooth Fairy - what she looks like, etc.

    I love childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!

    I told Bunny that the owner of my shop was complaining because there was an unexplained $20 bill on the register when he got in this morning.

    She totally bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe people think it's funny bc it's such a bizarre concept. a statue of the queen of england that waves from solar power, awhaaat?!!!!????!!!!!!

    i don't get it either.

    ReplyDelete