About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

splurge

I'm not a department store brand sorta lady. I mean, I LOVE fancy brands, but my wallet credit makes me a GAP and Banana Republic (sale) girl. For a special occasion I shop my local Anne Taylor (loft). Sadly, I spend a pathetic amount of my free time scrolling through page after page on the Nordstrom website while filling my shopping cart with thousands of dollars of clothes that I will never be able to afford.

Today I splurged a splurge that I can not believe I did. It turns my stomach. I spent $100 on a pair of jeans, which is something that I've never done before.

But Jay and I are going out together on a date next weekend and I want to feel like a cowgirl prin-cess. We went shopping today, not sure of what we'd find and I fell in love with the fit of these jeans. Not only were they a size that I thought I couldn't wear, but they're incredibly flattering and comfortable. Let's face it, good jeans are hard to come by.

Unfortunately, the process of falling in love with these Free People jeans has lead me down an earth shattering path and into a universe called wee people. Good Jesus John, I may need to have another baby just to dress her in these!

As a matter of fact, I love the Free People clothing in general. I deeply wish to own this top.

No comments:

Post a Comment