About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Weird Dreams

I have been having the strangest dreams.

Recently I dreamed that I was at a party with my good friend Jennifer. I was as pregnant as I could possibly be (like, more pregnant than I've ever been and I have two children) and tossing back beer (Coors Light of all things! Ew). My friend said, "Doesn't it bother you at all that you're getting your baby drunk?" And it was at that moment that I realized that I was pregnant and I got really angry with her and super defensive and said, "A little bit of alcohol isn't going to hurt your baby! My doctor says that it's just fine."

Oddly, the next day my reallife-non-fetal-alcohol-born children both unexpectedly received a Build-A-Bear package from Jennifer that had apparently been sitting at our local post office since Christmas.

Then, last night I dreamed that Alec Baldwin and Al Gore were at my house for a visit and Al Gore wouldn't let anyone get a word in edgewise. As a side note, he's probably the most annoying person who I've ever met in a dream and I just couldn't wait until he left. At one point he began crying because Philadelphia has more plastic than the rest of the world. He gave me facts about Philadelphia like, "This city is the only city in the world where plastic is still legal." Then, I became really self conscious about any plastics that were in my house and promised myself that I'd recycled or repurpose them all out as soon as he left.

I might be watching too much 30 Rock.

3 comments:

  1. honestly, al gore DOES seem like the most annoying person in the world.

    but maybe that's just me. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, before i read you last line, i was thinking 30rock, lol!

    i think al gore makes fun of himself now. like he may be totally annoying and he does have the guilt thing going hard, but i feel that he does believe what he says but he now mocks himself which i think has made him more likeable.

    i used to drink coors light when i went to the sports bar to watch yankees games bc they were $2 for a 22oz and i felt i had to drink something. it is gross beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I associate it with one of my ex-boyfriends. The two are synonymous to me.

    But 22OZ FOR 2 BUCKS???? No beating that.

    ReplyDelete