About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Organic/ Wheat-Free/ Peanut Butter Dog Treats

photo-198Sidney is a finicky eater when it comes to dog food, so I know these must be good. She's had three of them and still wants more! They were so easy to make that I had to share the recipe! Just mix all of the ingredients, knead the dough and then break it into small balls of dough. roll them out and cut with a cookie cutter. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

As a note, the dough was too crumbly to roll into one big sheet. It would have been very cracked. But the small balls worked well... so no complaints here!

2 cups of rice flour
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk

photo-200

photo-202

photo-199

If you're interested in making your own pup treats, I suggest checking out this website. It looked like there was a lot of good information there. I especially like the thought of freezing low sodium chicken broth in cubes and bringing them outside on a hot summer day!

3 comments:

  1. love them! i think i would like them, too, actually, sound simple and yummy :) Yay for Sidney and you finding a healthy dog treat she likes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, we make those, too! Girly loves to cut them out in all different shapes with her cookie cutters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it wrong these made me hungry?

    ReplyDelete