About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Chilled Asparagus with Coconut Curry dipping sauce

I just made this to take to a friend's house for dinner tonight.  It's vegan and low carb!

If you like curry and feel like preparing a healthy, plant based treat for your family, this makes a great appetizer or snack!

Here's how it's done.

Steam asparagus and immediately run it under cold water and put it in the fridge.  Or, remove it from steam and transfer it directly to ice water.  You want your asparagus spears to be firm.

Mix one package of silken tofu with one can of coconut milk, one large, heaping tbsp yellow curry powder, 1/2 tsp sat, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar and half the juice of one lemon.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, the tofu was the bigger hit!

    You really can't go wrong when you roll something in four and fry it.

    ReplyDelete