About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

From The Yard

Each weekend I pick a fresh bouquet of flowers from my yard to display on my kitchen table.  As I've previously expressed, fresh, real, colorful, beautiful flowers are one of my simplest joys in life.  I just love walking around my yard on Saturday morning, clipping whatever catches my eye, arranging and enjoy it for the week.  

This week, I decided to keep my flowers outside!  I have a feeling that we'll be spending more time out there than we will at our kitchen table and I love the way they look in the sunlight!


I have so much lavender.  I LOVE lavender oil.  I wonder how hard it is to make it.  I imagine that it's quite the process, but I'm thinking about researching it more.  There's a cupcake shop in Philly called the Flying Monkey Bakery that makes lavender cupcakes.  I feel inspiration possessing me!  

For the time being, it's just a fragrant addition to my flower arrangement!

I'm going to get back to my lazy Saturday at home.  

I think that I'm going to put on a swimsuit and lay outside.  I need to finish up the TERRIBLE book that I've been reading so that I can blog about the trilogy.  The first two books were terrible in something of a good way (kind of like Britney Spears is) but this last book has been unbearable and I'm struggling to finish it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment