About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Guess This Plant




The most frustrating thing about my house (besides the white tiled kitchen floor) is trying to unravel the puzzle of plants in our yard.  Seriously, I spend more time trying to figure out what things are than I do caring for them.

Previously, I believed that the tree in the back of our yard was a peach tree.  It has smooth fruit that look like olives.  They are green and red and I would think that the red fruit was riper, but I don't see the green fruit changing with time.  Also, it doesn't seem to be getting bigger.  The fruit has pretty much remained the same size since I discovered it a couple of months ago.  The other problem is that we have two confirmed peach trees on the side of our house and the peaches are fuzzy and growing steadily.






Any thoughts?

What could it be?

7 comments:

  1. I don't think so. I just looked at pictures of plum trees. The leave on my tree are darker and smaller, but plums are similar looking... so maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assuming that's a pit from the center of one of those fruits in the second photo, it really looks like a plum kernal. Keep in mind there are several kinds of plums (and their relatives pluots) and they may each have some different characteristics. The best part of all this is the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my very own PI of fruits and vegetables, Mathew Ghering. I don't find the mystery fun, I find it stressful.

    I am really crossing my fingers for Plums. I LOVE plums .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have guessed plum too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope that you guys are right!!!!!

    Plums are one of the few fruit that I actually love! YUM.

    Now, if only we were lucky enough to have avocados!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you usually optimize the blog articles for search systems?

    ReplyDelete