About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lemon Pound Cake

This Thursday is grocery day in the Holler house, which means that I am at the point when I am forced to be an uber-creative cookstress in order to make my family happy.  I always try to shop for the amount of days I need to feed people before our next shopping day (once around every two weeks), but inevitably I run out of something.  Usually it's milk, bread or eggs, but this week I ran out of dessert food.   Pleasingly, I discovered that I have everything it takes to make a lemon pound cake on hand.   Check out how moist this pound cake is!  I added 1/4 cup of sour cream to the recipe, which is something I have done consistently after once having great success including it in a chocolate cake recipe.  I haven't tried the cake (because of my big, fat ass), but I hear it's delicious.


Here's the recipe, if you're interested in making this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment