About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Weight Update- Week 7

Oh Dear! I am getting sick.  My nose is stuffy and my throat hurts.  I haven't been sick in ages, so I guess I'm due, but with the end of the school year here, I don't have the time to be sick.  This started two days ago and I'm afraid I haven't felt like working out too much. I've been doing a lot of decorating and reorganizing inside of my house, but haven't been outside to do anything beyond my regular watering.

Also, it makes sense that if during my 4 week weigh in I had my period that during my 7 week weigh in I'd be just about to get it.  And I'm bloated.  And gross.  I am having the sort of PMS that makes me irritated with my own voice and self and brain and feet and face and makes me wish that I could unzip my body and crawl out of it.   I swear, the moment you decide that you're done having children nature should KNOW and stop the suffering of it.

Okay, that's the end of my ridiculous menstrual rant.

This week I kept up my hard work.  I did very well at monitoring my portions, keeping my calories low and watching my carbs.  It seemed a little bit easier this week.  I felt less hungry and less grouchy.  Last week was a real challenge, but this week felt pretty natural.  I ended up losing 2 lbs, which brings me to a total loss of 16 lbs in 7 weeks.

Here's how I feel about that.  I KNOW that 2 lbs is a totally healthy amount to lose in a week, but it's not enough for me.  I am working SO HARD.  In my life I've never had much of a problem gaining weight if I didn't watch it, but I have also never had a tough time losing weight.  I feel like I'm fighting for every pound right now.  It's so discouraging.  A couple of years ago I did Atkins and probably lost 16 lbs in my first 2 weeks, and I was eat a hella lot more than I'm eating now.

It is what it is.  I'll work even harder this week and hopefully I'll hit my 20 lb loss at 8 weeks.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment