About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

French Toast Casserole

Yesterday morning I made the girls toast with their breakfast and in my -decaffeinated state haste I failed to seal the bag up properly before putting it back in the refrigerator.  When I went into the bag this morning to grab a few pieces of bread to make a breakfast sandwich for Bunny I discovered that the air had sort of hardened and staled it.

There was just too much to throw out, so I turned it into a french toast casserole.

I used 8 pieces of bread
maple syrup
1 cup almond milk
5 eggs
2 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
4 grinds of cinnamon

I mixed the last 5 ingredients and dipped each side of the bread in.  I layered 4 slices on the bottom and 4 slices on the top and drizzled the maple syrup between the layers and on top.

Then I baked the toast at 325 for 30 minutes.

When it came out I sprinkled it with powdered sugar and served it up for breakfast!  It was a huge hit!


 Here are my kids enjoying their breakfast outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment