About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Meme

I stole this from my friend Jess over at A Last Confession.  I haven't done one of these in a while!


1. What is your favorite part of summer?
Lazy Days with no real agenda.  No where to go if we don't feel like going.  Nothing to do that can't be postponed.  
2. What’s your favorite quintessentially summer food? Least favorite?
Favorite: Watermelon
Least Favorite: Potato Salad
3.  Best beverage to beat the summer heat:
Lemonade

4. Least favorite/most annoying thing related to summer?
Mosquitos 
5.  Pick one: the lake /the beach. Why?
Ocean.   I dont' trust water that is still enough to freeze.
6. Most amusing summer vacation trip you’ve ever taken?
Hmm... I don't know.  I love every vacation.  A few summer's back my friend Mandie and I took a spontaneous trip to New Orleans after not seeing each other in 8 years and had the best time.  But Jay and I usually head out to Denver for anywhere from a long weekend to a week and those vacations are always special because I spend them with my best friends.  Back in the day we went to Block Island a few times and also loved that.  It's also always great to visit my parents in Naples or go on a cruise.  So, I don't know.  
7. Most ridiculous/cringe-inducing/blush-provoking summer outfit you have seen? (Bonus points if you yourself were wearing it!)
There used to be a man in Philly who would rollerblade down South Street while playing the trumpet and one time I saw him in a speedo (on rollerblades with his trumpet).
8. Your absolute dream summer afternoon would be:
South Beach.  Bottomless Pina Colada (the giant kind), good friends, my kids, hot dogs on the grill and real sun chairs (the kind that have cushions and cost $20 to rent for the day).  
It doesn't get better than that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment