About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weight Update- 8.5 Weeks

I woke up this morning to that wonderful post-period, non-bloated, about to have two weeks without camel-like water retention feeling in my belly.  When I hopped on the scale I was, indeed, 2 pounds lighter than I was on Thursday when I did my weigh in.

I can not lie, I am the biggest fan of salt ever.  I can put it on my pizza (like I ever eat pizza), my tortilla chips and I even eat the salt off of the bottom of a bag of pretzels.  I think that salt is the most delicious thing in the world.

But I have given salt up.

Around 4 weeks ago I was complaining to my friend Julia about how hard I was working and how slowly the weight was coming off.  Knowing of my love of salt she asked if it could be water retention.  I decided to do a little experiment and stopped adding salt to my food.  That was the week that I had a huge weight loss.  I also stopped adding it to my recipes as I cook.  This has been difficult for me but I have gotten used to tasting food without salt and though I'd be lying if I said it was as delicious to me, it's okay.

It seems that I retain more water than the average person.  Especially when the weather is hot I notice that my feet get a little bit swollen at the end of the day, which can be quite uncomfortable.  Even though I've given up salt, I'm noticing how puffy I get, more and more.

But that's beside the point!

The point is that I hit my 20 pound mark!

I am officially half way there!

2 comments:

  1. congratulations! that is amazing and awesome and wonderful all at once, even though the three often go hand in hand!

    ReplyDelete