About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Weight Update- Week 8

It's been 8 weeks and I've only lost 18 pounds.

I was really hoping to hit my 20 pound mark this week, but I didn't. I have only lost 2 pounds since my weigh in last Thursday.

I'm not sure what happened.  Maybe it's because I have my period (but I'm at the very end so I don't think that I can blame it).  I worked pretty hard.  I went over my caloric limit by 200 calories two days ago, but that shouldn't be enough to make a difference.  Because I've been recovering from being sick I've been less active.  Maybe that's the problem.

On the bright side, I will definitely hit that 20 lb mark by next Thrusday.  Also, I am really starting to see the difference in my clothes.  I can fit into things that I haven't been able to wear from last summer.

I started really worrying about my weight before I went to Florida in April.  When I tried to pack and took out all of my clothes from last summer, none of them fit me.  I knew that the stress of two big moves in five months had gotten to me and I'd eaten my way through it.  I'm like that.  This week was stressful in a few respects and I felt the pang to drown my sorrows in bagels and ice cream.  I didn't do it.  But I had to really resist doing it.  I sort of recognized that it was happening and decided not to eat.  I didn't eat something else instead.  I didn't have "just a bite."  I just didn't do it.  Because it's not healthy to eat because I'm stressed or upset.  I am proud of myself.

So, I didn't reach my goal of losing 4 lbs this week and hitting a 20 lb loss, but I made it half way and I'll get there next week.

Have a healthy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment