About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Zucchini Confession

I have to admit that I am getting sick of grilled and steamed summer squash every night with dinner, but they are growing faster than we can eat them.  I read that round zucchini are supposed to be around the size of pool balls, but I swear to god that some of mine are the size of pool balls in the morning and grow to be small watermelons by sun down!  My zucchini might be magical, the jury is still out.

My point:  recipes are welcome.  

Put them in the comments or email me: annapholler@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen zucchinis that look like that! I put in 18 summer squash/zucchini plants in my garden and I'm looking SO forward to them. The seedlings haven't even pushed through the ground yet....it's crazy how far ahead of us you are with your growing season.

    Have you ever used zucchini to make zucchini Parmesan? You make it just like you would with eggplant, but with zucchini instead. It's SO yummy!

    When I was pregnant with Zach, all I wanted to eat was boiled and salted zucchini and summer squash. I'm surprised it never ruined my taste for them. I still crave them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could stop letting them go to fruit and eat the flowers until you're wanting zuchini again. They can be cooked (as previously discussed) or eaten raw in salads.

    ReplyDelete