About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Weight Update 15 Weeks

I can't believe that it's been almost 4 months since beginning this journey into smaller sizes and better health.

I have really dished the dirt and been honest about where I was emotionally in this blog, and though I had moments of regret about what I was writing when I hit my emotional lows, I feel proud that I was so truthful because I can see this journey for what it is and how different it has been than any other in my life.

Several weeks back (maybe even a couple of months ago) I felt myself slipping into really disordered eating habits.  I have been down that path before and knew that I was at a fork in the road.  I could make better choices, turn towards healthy foods and a changed lifestyle, or I could starve myself and eventually be thin... give up... turn around and just regain all of the weight I lost (as I have done many times before.)  It was a rock bottom moment for me that lasted for several weeks.  Those weeks drained my in many ways and  I am proud of myself for making the right choice.

So, this week I lost 2 lbs.  This brings my total to 41 lbs lost in 14 weeks.  My BMI is finally normal again.  Though I'd still like to lose 19 lbs, I'm in no hurry to make it happen.

I am in a good place mentally and physically.  Though I've just about hit my goal and am safely in the homestretch, I'm most proud of how healthy I feel in my heart.  I feel really good about myself, but it doesn't have much to do with the weight that I've lost but rather about taking control of my choices and my lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment