About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Vacation Photo Update #11

Today has been a strange day.

Two years ago my dad went in for a simple, fifteen minute cataract surgery on his eye.  During the surgery the machine broke.  Since, my father has gone through several retina reattachment surgeries and cornea transplants, but is still (and will always be) blind in that eye.  Because he still has such pain, it is likely that the eye will need to be removed.

Finally, my parents are going forward legally.  For a long time they just wanted him to get better, but he isn't going to get better and they've accepted that.

Today, a videographer (is that a real word?) came to interview us all about my father's quality of life before the experience and how this has changed his life.

It was very emotional.

But afterwards, when I would usually eat a piece of peanut butter pie or drink two glasses of wine, I went to the gym and sweat like I have never sweat before and came back feeling MUCH better.

So, today, rather than giving you a picture from my day...

this seems more appropriate!


4 comments:

  1. you're such a great inspiration, anna. really. i <3 you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart you too. You are my ROCK.

    I mean, honestly, you are the person who motivates me and gives me a shoulder to cry on and validates me no matter what.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....I didn't know that about your dad.

    And good for you! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I am so sorry to hear this news about your Dad. I know this has been such a long process for your family. :(

    So happy to hear about your gym experience though! You almost make me want to join a gym to lose the extra pounds and get back into better shape... like 2009 better shape! lol Maybe after we buy our house I can turn the finished part of the basement into a gym like area! xoxo keep up the hard work! We both know how it pays off greatly!!!

    ReplyDelete