About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Peacemaking Day

I couldn't be a more proud mama today!

It's peacemaking day and the school had a special assembly where the children made a peace pole and learned peaceful words from other cultures.  Each teacher awarded one student from their class for being an outstanding peacemaker.  BOTH of my children were chosen to receive this award!

How in the world did I luck out and get such nice kids?




5 comments:

  1. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!!

    P.S. What's up with Ms. Gillman's handwriting?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! What do you mean? I think that her handwriting looks very artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually just got choked up and a little teary eyed reading this post! What amazing girls you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Erika! That's so sweet. Thank you. I honestly do not know how I got this lucky. I feel like I don't deserve them!!!!

    I know that you're busy... but I miss me some Martin Family Adventures! How are things progressing for your surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll email you, Anna. There's a lot going on right now.

    ReplyDelete